Your Donations in ActionThe following is a sampling of the services provided in Listen's 2010 fiscal year. Although we rely heavily on the revenues generated from our Thrift Stores sales, it is this community's generous contributions that are responsible for our success.
Heating and Housing Assistance service numbers continue to climb:Listen provides emergency fuel assistance through the Heating Helpers Program, a no interest Housing Helper loan to those facing the threat of homelessness, and Supportive Services for those in transitional housing.
- Heating Helpers: 354 households received fuel assistance totaling$109,775. (56% increase over 2008)
- Housing Helpers: 138 households received $43,439 in rent assistance
- Supportive Housing: 26 households received affordable housing with services and programs for transition into successful independence.
Food Pantry:The Listen Food Pantry is called upon more and more as a service to help households make ends meet. When heat, gasoline, prescription drug and food expenses climb to unprecedented heights, the food pantry bridges the gap.
- 1,117 household visits provided $98,059 worth of meals
Listen serves Community Dinners five nights a week:Close to 40 volunteer cook teams provide the manpower to serve 6 meals a week at 4 locations. Meals are served Monday through Friday. When a dinner site is not available due to unforeseen circumstances, the Listen staff, under the guidance of the Food Coordinator Ray Pecor, prepares “bagged lunches” for our guests to pick up at the Lebanon Listen.
- Listen served 16,223 meals (13% increase from FY 2008)